I started playing this game years ago and each time I play I either learn something or relearn a key point. The Cashflow game is an educational game designed by the author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad, which aims to teach the players concepts of investing by having their money work for them in a risk free setting while simultaneously increasing their financial literacy and stressing the imperative nature of accountability.
There are two stages to the game. The first stage, which is called the rat race, each player’s goal is to get their passive income higher than their expenses. Once you are out of the race races you enter the fast track. The winner of the game is determined in the fast track as there you have the opportunity to buy you dream (which you selected at the beginning of the game) or accumulate an additional $50,000 in monthly cash flow.
I got to share the game with 4 friends and watch each of them partake in the experience and walk away with a new knowledge around money and their relationship with it. It is a fun social game that requires a lot of math. Thank goodness for calculators or we might have been there all night. The game is an enhanced version of Monopoly and can take just as long to play. With good company, great food and a little wine you are guaranteed to have a good experience. I personally enjoy the strategy around the getting out of the rat race. Figuring out what to buy, when to sell and paying off debt is an engaging part of the game. Once you are in the fast track it is really based on the roll of the die on what you get. I truly love this game, as it is fun and educational as well as social. See learning can be fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment