Today I am truly grateful for the ability to cook. My grandmother once told me that I was not domesticated. What does that mean exactly- I am assuming that it meant I did not cook, did not sew and was generally not crafty. Though I was and still am great at cleaning and keeping things organized, especially around my house. It never really bothered me what she said because I knew I was never going to be the sort of housewife that tended to the house, meals, etc.
Recently though I have really gained an appreciation for cooking good food and specifically raw foods. It is amazing that there is this whole world of raw foods and how remarkably great they are for you. Not only are they wonderful for you but they can taste just as good. As if they were not raw. I make homemade chocolate that is completely raw, I make Chinese cabbage salad, delicious smoothies and so much more. I also enjoy the process of making each recipe, the love that goes into making it and of course enjoying the finished product. Tonight I made my Chinese Cabbage Salad but added chicken to it as well as made a Cranberry quinoa salad. Tomorrow I am making pork roast, asparagus, potatoes and a Raw Triple Chocolate Cream Cake with my sister. So, today I just appreciate my love for cooking and cooking good food.
No comments:
Post a Comment