There are moments when Bella and I play that the kid comes out in me. I giggle profusely and find myself playing hide and go seek like I am 12 and hanging out at the neighbors again. Those times when I let everything go and just be in the moment with Bella are the times I adore and cherish. Today was one of those.
Our play times are filled with love and laughter. There are some classic moments that I need to share and if Bella knew I was sharing these she would turn bright red and pout at me for days. The first moment is when she farts and scares herself enough only to look back wondering where the heck it came from. That one never gets old.
My second favorite moment is when she chases her tail- it is pure entertainment for her. My last favorite moment is when she chases after the laser. Basically it is a laser pointer and as I zoom it around the room she chases it. It is great when she so call “catches it” only to realize it is now on her paw and not under it. You just say the word laser and she will go running to look for it.
It is also fun to play with her in our dog run and throw the Frisbee around. She is so determined to catch it in the air if she can and sometimes jumps and flips mid-air to get it. I am always impressed with her effort and I make a big deal out of it each time.
There is also this red ball out there that is the size of a grapefruit that we kick around. The funny and yet not so funny thing is when she sometimes goes to catch it the ball gets wedged into her jaw. She is running around shaking her head back and forth trying to get it out and when you try to help her she runs away thinking you are going to steal it from her. It is cute even though I imagine it is not comfortable for her.
Lastly, I love when I run into my bedroom and shut the door behind me and she follows only to lie on the floor outside and stick her nose up to the space at the bottom and breathe through it. If she were a dragon there would be some hot air and flames.
Today I am totally grateful for the playtimes I get with Bella
No comments:
Post a Comment