Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 95 of Gratefulness: Donovan


I have a passion for working with homeless and have since my time working with Urban Peak.  Recently I have become fond of the Denver Voice, mostly because of a vendor that I have befriended.  Through the short time that I have been volunteering with this organization I have had the privilege of getting to know Donovan.  I honestly barely know him but what I thoroughly enjoy about his presence is his energy and dedication to the work of the Denver Voice.  Every time I meet him he is upbeat and positive, willing to help and easy to talk to.   Working with homeless you need to be upbeat and positive.  They often come from a place that has no hope and when you meet someone that has true authentic hope, like Donovan, it is like the light at the end of the tunnel.  They need to know there is good in the world, they need to know there is someone there to support them and give them guidance as they grow and find themselves again.  Donovan seems to be that person for them.  I am truly lucky to have met him and I am excited to continue to get to know him and work with him on making this community a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment